Monday, December 05, 2016

Amiga A500+ Motherboard - Part 3

A short post this time.

If this were a film, this would be the point at which everything goes wrong for the hero but then turns around at the last minute. Racing to save the heroine, delayed by the evil bad guy, he loses her seemingly forever only to be reunited in a climactic final act which results in the bad guy dying and the good guy gets the girl forever.

Sadly, this part of my adventure involves a multimeter and a lot of traces. A lot of traces. Continuity checking is dull. I checked all of the traces from Agnus. I checked all of the traces through the logic section.

So many traces.... 
I Quit! (Not really)



I still have to check all the traces from Gary but I shall save that until I feel like shoving a multimeter probe in my ear...

On the plus side, the postman has been! Yay!

A500+ Essential Supplies

I would have ordered from one of the larger suppliers but due to their lack of stock or extortionate postage charges for small orders I went elsewhere. I ended up ordering from Tandy electronics which is the reborn UK version of Radio Shack. I have no idea whether they have any connection to Radio Shack now but their stuff was pretty cheap, they had most of the bits I needed and they only charged £1 for delivery.

Anyway, I will be fitting sockets and resistors etc when I  have a few spare minutes. Other than repairing a couple of broken traces, I really don't know what else there is to do before I start poking it with a hot stick again...




No comments: