Thursday, May 19, 2016

A500+ Update - A Bit Disappointing....

Depending on your point of view, this update on my broken A500+ is a bit disappointing.

I dismantled my own A500+ so I could pinch the floppy drive and keyboard for some more rigorous testing. I noticed straight away that my own A500+ has a very different motherboard to the broken one. Well, I say different. They are actually different colours. Have a look:


My original A500+ is very green

This one is very brown(ish) - note the missing trapdoor connector
There's no difference in the components, just the colour of the actual PCB. Strange. 

Anyway, after connecting up the floppy and keyboard I turned the broken board on and....


...it worked. Perfectly. Everything I threw at it it just worked. This is outrageous. I demand a more damaged motherboard that takes me longer than half an hour to fix. 

Pictures to prove that the Amiga is a hardy beast:

Running a test program

Running OctaMED on a super untidy desk...
So that's it. It just works. Anyone need a fully working A500+ motherboard?

No comments: